It is nice to read about the good work that folks have been doing.
And timely since I need to set my own goals for the upcoming year. I know about some of the projects coming my way. That helps. In general I try to structure my goals around the general expectations for my job -
- General/interdisciplinary reference and information service
- Liaison (subject) librarian and collection development - 6 schools, depts, and programs plus interdisciplinary
- Library instruction - mostly in my liaison areas but starting this year I'll be one of the folks officially taking a turn helping out with freshman/first year instruction, yay!
- Scholarly, research, creative activities
- Professional development and continuing education